Page 30 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: JAG35 Vibrating DoF Adapters

Quote Originally Posted by jehugarcia View Post
    And Finally! Found what i was looking for in JAGs footage..... Take a look

In this footage, is the camera zoomed all the way out? If so that is pretty impressive, that you have got rid of the vignetting.

hey Jehu if your making it with the 9 micron gg then hook it up....I would prefer the lowest gg number possible. 9 is alot sharper then 15 would love that option. Get back to me and let me know. Thanks.

Forum Mogul

Quote Originally Posted by coldheartproductions View Post
    hey Jehu if your making it with the 9 micron gg then hook it up....I would prefer the lowest gg number possible. 9 is alot sharper then 15 would love that option. Get back to me and let me know. Thanks.
    I am truly surprised people are wanting 5 and 9 micron gg. Cinevate started this "sharp" craze with adapters and it's truly sad that everyone is overlooking what the whole thing is all about and why adapters were first used.

I think it's important to note here that the thinner bokeh ggs like the ones made with 5 or 9 microns suffer the loss of a truer bokeh and the out of focus areas become hazy or gaussian-blur rather than good quality bokeh.

Just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by tkmslee View Post
    I am truly surprised people are wanting 5 and 9 micron gg. Cinevate started this "sharp" craze with adapters and it's truly sad that everyone is overlooking what the whole thing is all about and why adapters were first used.

I think it's important to note here that the thinner bokeh ggs like the ones made with 5 or 9 microns suffer the loss of a truer bokeh and the out of focus areas become hazy or gaussian-blur rather than good quality bokeh.

Just an observation.
    Hmm Yea...I am a professional editor and my reasoning is that I still want at times to be able to take hold of the sharpness of hd...In color grading you can always soften up a picture. However you bring up a good point about natural bokeh but I would still prefer a sharper picture. It's just me and I am going to use the jag on at least two projects that still need to feel more modern then vintage filmy...we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by jehugarcia View Post
    Ebay Auction Here

The thing on top, can be any macro lens, I used a cheap one, i mounted it on a n Opteka ring.
    ok, thanks.
    would you recommand using a macro lens on top of the hood like this ?
    can you stil see the image on the LCD from a distance ?

Quote Originally Posted by coldheartproductions View Post
    Sure, have you ordered yet or you thinking of ordering a JAG?

Quote Originally Posted by tiberghv View Post
    ok, thanks.
    would you recommand using a macro lens on top of the hood like this ?
    can you stil see the image on the LCD from a distance ?
    No this way it becomes a viewfinder, if you want to see it from a distance dont use a lens
    Diy products
    jag35.com fliphack.com

Hey Jehu, I bought a static off you a little while ago, and it came with a large grease mark on the achromat. you suggested taking it off with a alcohol based cleaner, which I tried many times with numerous cleaners. it seems to be between the glass. Do you have any suggestions as to how to go about getting rid of the mark? it is clearly visible in my footage.

Yes I have ordered....It would be greatly appreciated if i could get the 9 micron. I will pm my real info again so you know who i am...I ordered monday night I believe...also ordered a lens hood.

Quote Originally Posted by DSvideo View Post
    Hey Jehu, I bought a static off you a little while ago, and it came with a large grease mark on the achromat. you suggested taking it off with a alcohol based cleaner, which I tried many times with numerous cleaners. it seems to be between the glass. Do you have any suggestions as to how to go about getting rid of the mark? it is clearly visible in my footage.
    Yeah not much we can do about stains inside the glass, This is the problem I'm getting from buying glass from surplusshed I thought i had thrown all the bad ones away but seems one got by and shipped on your unit.

PM me your address and i'll send you one with out defects.

Ok This is the first in a series of Video set up guides for the different adapters I offer:
    Static Set Up Guide
    Last edited by jehugarcia; 2008 August 29th at 12:15.
    Diy products
    jag35.com fliphack.com

how difficult would it be to use a pentax k mount? i have a bunch of old pentax k-1000 lenses that i have been dying to try with a dof adapter. is that something you can do or can you provide instructions on how to do this if i were to buy the vibrating adapter?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ideacandi View Post
    how difficult would it be to use a pentax k mount? i have a bunch of old pentax k-1000 lenses that i have been dying to try with a dof adapter. is that something you can do or can you provide instructions on how to do this if i were to buy the vibrating adapter?
    Thanks!
    Not difficult at all, All you would need is an EF JAG35 + one of this:

EBAY
    Diy products
    jag35.com fliphack.com

Valued Member

I'm very new to all this. I'm either going to buy a HF100 or a Sony HDR-cx12. I was interested in your static adapter. What else will i need, a step ring? and what does the acromat do? and how much different is the offbrand vs the opteka? Thanks!!

Valued Member

http://www.vimeo.com/1631692
    this is my test whith glass gg and pcx

Quote Originally Posted by dan pak View Post
    Will i need, a step ring?
    Yes 37-43mm step up for both of these cameras.

What does the acromat do?
    (from Wikipedia)
    An achromatic lens or achromat is a lens that is designed to limit the effects of chromatic and spherical aberration. Achromatic lenses are corrected to bring two wavelengths (typically red and blue) into focus in the same plane.
    The most common type of achromat is the achromatic doublet, which is composed of two individual lenses made from glasses with different amounts of dispersion. Usually one element is a concave lens made out of flint glass, which has relatively high dispersion, while the other, convex, element is made of crown glass, which has lower dispersion. The lens elements are mounted next to each other, typically cemented together, and shaped so that the chromatic aberration of one is counterbalanced by that of the other.
    In a few words, it fixes this problem

How much different is the offbrand vs the opteka?
    The Opeka Achromat is sharper than the No name brand lens.
    Last edited by jehugarcia; 2008 August 30th at 15:50.
    Diy products
    jag35.com fliphack.com

Valued Member

wow., thanks!! i will definately order one of these.

talking about these opteka achromat.
    how do we use them ?
    how do we mount them between a camcoder and a DOF adaptor ?

Ok this barbeque looks much better, Gone are most if not all of the vignette, I still see some CA and barrel but this later one should be minimized with the larger condensers on production models, I'm still waiting for them, If you have ordered this last week, please be patient, the wait will be worth it.

Diy products
    jag35.com fliphack.com

Valued Member

Where have you placed the Condenser, snug against the GG or spaced?

thanks man, looks much better.

Valued Member

Quote Originally Posted by edber View Post
    Finally picked my FD fitted JAG 35 (AWWYEAHHH!!!) Here is a link to some pics for those interested. Jehu, you are AWESOME!!! My heart skips a beat when I hold it and shoot. I'll post some video links soon.

More at:

http://gallery.me.com/edber/100004

Edber
    that is baddd asss!!

if you don't mind me asking, how much did the rig cost (minus the lens and camcorder)?

Also, did Jehu build the rig for y ou?

-dave

Alright found a few ways to cut my costs and so.. I would like to pass the savings on to you guys.

I've decided to design a new model, smaller, lighter and cheaper.
    Meet the JAG35E

http://www.vimeo.com/1664103
    This is the economy version of the JAG35 It uses same optics as regular jag minus the achromat. It can be used with out an achromat or you can order one installed (fees apply)
    Rechargeable batteries now inside tube, no more outside box, Glass screens are round so most alignment issues are gone.
    It uses more affordable components, like a plastic lens mount and the commonly used macro tubes.

same choices,
    mount: EF, FD
    Screen: EE-a, EE-s, 5, 9, 15, 25 micron

Available on SEP 15
    Price: $229

PRE-ORDER HERE
    Last edited by jehugarcia; 2008 September 4th at 06:46.
    Diy products
    jag35.com fliphack.com

Wow! How did you fit the batteries and electronics inside? I didn't think there was that much room in there!

hey I got a fd jag from jehu I am pretty happy with the results check out the first day test footage at
    http://www.joshdelorimier.com/hv30jag35test.html
    I used up my viemo space for the week...but let me know how that plays I think i figured out there compressor.

two of the shots have magic bullet color grading on it...the rest is natural...the film burn looking effect in the beginning is a natural digital error that happened when I was compressing it for web...pretty awesome error if you ask me...It might be the first hd burn...hehe
    Last edited by coldheartproductions; 2008 September 5th at 05:46.

very nice picture, with almost no vignetting at all. is it because of the shots you selected or do you never see vigneting ? (even we you shoot the sky for example)
    which model is that ? with wich focusing screen ?
    Last edited by tiberghv; 2008 September 5th at 13:04.

Valued Member

looks great! vignetting is almost non existent...porque? Share the secrets!

hi jehu,
    why don't you do a JAG where we could mount FD and EF by adding/removing a special adaptor ring on the tube ?
    one would be longer than the other one.